1958 Alvis

Hello Everyone, My name is Leah and I joined this site to learn about the Alvis we recently acquired. I hope to learn what this vehicle is all about.

Does anyone know anything about this vehicle? Does it have a monetary worth?

Leah,

What vehicle is it? Do you have some photos?

Chris

Hello, Everyone thank you for the response. This is a Red Fire Truck with a Rolls Royce Engine 6 wheel drive, The owner was driving it up to a couple years ago, then he moved from Canada and now lives abroad.

I have no knowledge of what I even have if anything, but it is causing a stir with some locals who just want to drive it. I personally would like to sell ?

Hello, Everyone thank you for the response. This is a Red Fire Truck with a Rolls Royce Engine 6 wheel drive, The owner was driving it up to a couple years ago, then he moved from Canada and now lives abroad.

I have no knowledge of what I even have if anything, but it is causing a stir with some locals who just want to drive it. I personally would like to sell ?

Hi Leah,

I take it from your post that this Alvis is in Canada? If it is a Mk6 crash tender (Salamander), then I think the air force over there had some.

Welcome Leah,

What Alvis vehicle have you aquired?

Best, C.

This Army fire truck was declassified for the gentleman that purchased this before me. I believe it came from the base in Portage la Prairie MB. Year Is 1958, He did drive this vehicle around. I tried uploading pictures, won't let me. Some parts are off the truck. but they are all there including service manuals

Is this it by any chance? This is an Alvis Stalwart seen in Canada recently. I remember seeing it in the sea off South Coast of England once. Not a fire engine, but an amphibious load carrier.

attachment.php?attachmentid=91103&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1400151148[/quote

Not this kind, It is a firetruck,

Leah,

could I suggest you start a new thread so we can properly document and find it later on, something like Alvis Salamander as the title would be best.

Your profile needs adding to with where you live ie Canada on it, that will help you.

It would seem that you would like to sell it, is that correct?

I do not know of any others that have survived despite asking on this and other (Maple Leaf Up) forums for a while.

Please post some pictures.

I am also in Canada and the picture that Richard posted is from me.

Regards

Robin

Good Morning,

Would anyone know where I could contact to find out what the above would be worth? Its a Red Fire Truck, Runs, All parts re believed to be there service manuals are also there. I have no intrest in keeping this, way to big. Any feed back appreciated. Thanks

The value of the vehicle is directly related to its condition, but if it was in excellent shape you could probably expect $20-30,000; maybe more if the right buyer came along. For something needing a lot of work or a full restoration you could probably half that.

Cheers,

Terry

• 3 months later...

I've never understood how people can try to sell relatively high value items in such an ineffective way. The number of things wrong with that ad are almost endless, but I'd start with the fact that you haven't even spelled the name of the vehicle correctly as being a glaring issue, as it will not show up in search results and shows a very sloppy attitude. The single, poor quality picture, and a description that includes almost no details of your vehicle, its condition or its history aren't helping either.

Take the time to write a better ad with a more focussed description and you might have some luck. Try putting it on some more suitable sites, such as milweb and use some better photos and you might get a better result. Don't write in all caps.

Cheers,

Terry